≡ Menu

paying taxes

Readers question: I was wondering if I could get some advice about being self-employed and living abroad. I want to open a business account as a sole trader in the UK and pay my national insurance and pension to the UK. However, I live in Slovenia with temporary residency, as I am a British citizen. I live here as I got married to a Slovenian. I wanted to know how can I open as a sole trader as I work from home online teaching on a platform based in Asia. They just pay my salary nothing else. What would I have to pay to Slovenia as I live here and would I have to pay double social security? Or claim my benefits from the UK when I need them. Also, would I need a virtual office in the UK? My students, I just interact with them from the website the company provides.

[continue reading…]