Do you know that there are thousands of uninsured business vehicles driven on the UK roads? In the majority of cases this is simply because many people are still unsure of what counts as business use. As a new business owner, it can be tricky to choose which type of policy is best for your particular needs, especially if it’s your first time taking out a specific kind of policy.
So here is an infographic by Kieth Michaels to help you understand the ins and outs of business car insurance policies and other interesting facts you might not be aware of:
- One quarter of the 15,753 car crashes on UK roads in the last 3 years involved a business driver.
- One third of British drivers are uninsured for business miles.
- Collision rates for business drivers are 30-40% higher than those of private drivers.
- Nearly half of vehicles used for business are owned by the employee rather than the company.
- The average company car driver covers 18K miles annually, more than double that of a non-company car driver.
- One in five insured grey fleet vehicles don’t have the appropriate business car insurance.